Tuesday, February 15, 2011


Okay, here is a story about me.  That IS what this blog is about...me and my perception of outside of me.  That IS all I know, after all.

If you follow this blog,you'll know that I am a nurse.  When I first started being a nurse I worked on the general floor in a small hospital.  I cared for mostly wide awake people who needed much teaching in order to promote best outcome, health wise.  I used to get a lot of elderly women who had urinary tract infections moving towards sepsis.  Most of the women, when asked how much water they drank, would tell me something like "Not much, when I drink water I have to pee all the time."  I would explain to them that it is important to urinate often because the urine kills and washes out the various bacteria that wants to climb up your urethra. (sometimes I would say pee and pee hole, depending on the patients sensibilities).  Now, I am that old lady.  So drink more water Susan.  Your urethra is begging you to.

1 comment:

ONEWORLD said...

But if I drink water I have to pee every 5 minutes.